SVS Prime Elevation speakers play any role in a home theatre surround sound system amazingly well. Designed to easily mount directly to the wall or ceiling with the Multi-Purpose Wall Bracket (patent pending), the SVS Prime Elevation can be used as a direct-radiating height effects speaker for immersive object-based audio formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro-3D®. With its angled front baffle, Prime Elevation can also be used as left or right fronts, a centre channel, side surrounds and rear surrounds to provide crisp, dynamically charged sound in rooms of all shapes with all different architectural features.
Immersive three-dimensional surround sound formats such as Dolby Atmos®, DTS:X® and Auro 3D® unleash the ultimate movie, music, TV an gaming audio experience by incorporating “height effects” emanating from overhead to create a dome of sound that blankets you for a more convincing and believable performance. Prime Elevation is an optimised height effects speaker because it directly radiates full-range sound to the listener without the frequency response limitations and perfect room conditions required of prevailing “ceiling bounce” height effects speaker designs.
Prime Elevation is also a remarkably versatile, multi-purpose home theatre speaker that deftly plays the role of front, centre, side surround, rear surround and/or LCR speaker when ideal placement in a room isn’t possible.
One Speaker, Endless Possibilities
Here are the most common Prime Elevation applications. Its versatility as a speaker is only limited by your creativity.
- Down-Firing Height Effects Speaker – Placed high on a side wall, the directly radiated sound is a vast improvement over compromised “ceiling bounce” solutions.
- Up or Down-Firing Front, LCR or Center Channel Speaker - Placed above or below the viewing area, directed at listener, when placement at ear level isn’t possible.
- Side or Rear-Firing Surround Speaker - Placed on side wall for rear effects or rear wall for side effects when optimal placement is not possible.
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 55 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Black Ash, Black Piano Gloss and White Piano Gloss finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-ﬂared rear-ﬁring port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Magnetic SVS Logo which can be removed and oriented according to speaker application.
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Unique SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket (patent pending) system that allows speaker to be wall mounted in any of four positions
- 1/4" brass insert for use with included SVS Multi-Angle Wall Bracket and other bracket mounting systems.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 235mm (H) X 138 (W) X 200mm (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 3kg ea
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimised diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behaviour
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fibreglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimises air compression artefacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behaviour
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.5 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)