Ortofon 2M Black MM cartridge
The Ortofon 2M Black is quite possibly the best moving magnet cartridge on the planet. With a nude Shibata diamond, it retrieves information from the groove effortlessly, and flawlessly. The 2M Black is easy to recommend for music lovers of all types.
"Ridiculously good." - Michael Fremer
The 2M Black is the new moving magnet flagship from Ortofon. The 2M black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information. Users of the 2M Black will enjoy the benefit of impeccable sound quality, along with reduced record & stylus wear and reduced distortion and phase error as a result of the diamond’s improved tracking geometry.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances. The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus Black/Black
- Cartridge weight 7.2 g