When you purchase a Genelec monitor, Smart monitor or subwoofer from Krispy Audio, you're also purchasing our expertise in advising, installing and setup of your new speakers. This is especially critical with the SAM range of monitors that feature room correction. You can purchase the GLM hardware/software to auto calibrate them yourself, but there is still a fundamental set of guidelines for this setup to be optimised that we can show you. Alternatively we can bring our GLM calibration equipment to your place, saving you the time and hardware expense, then calibrate the speakers for your room.
How do you improve upon a system as intelligent as Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™)? For Genelec, the answer is its Coaxial Smart monitors – a bold reinvention of how monitoring itself is done, with radical results.
Appealing to both the eye and the ear, Coaxial Smart monitors represent the elimination of the compromises found in typical coaxial arrangements. The Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) driver delivers a precise, diffraction-free frequency response, while the Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) ensures controlled directivity both on and off-axis over a startlingly wide bandwidth.
Added to this is the power of SAM. The Coaxial Smart monitors are controlled using the optional proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software and network manager. As with all SAM systems, ground-breaking AutoCal™ is used to create an optimised and controlled monitoring environment. After automatic calibration, monitoring set-ups ranging from simple stereo to immersive audio will perform with the consistency upon which you rely, compensating for deficiencies in the listening environment.
The unique Genelec 8351 also features dual Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW™) which contribute to create an acoustically coaxial three-way system featuring an extremely large waveguide across the entire front baffle. The 8351 breaks new ground with precise directivity control in both vertical and horizontal orientations.
Why guess when you can be sure
- Controlled via Genelec’s proprietary Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software, AutoCal provides the industry’s first integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis and adjustment of every monitor on the network, achieving accurate sound reproduction in just a few clicks.
- AutoCal automatically optimises and aligns each Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer for relative levels, time of flight, subwoofer crossover phase as well as individual room response compensations. Additionally, full manual editing of all acoustic settings remains in the hands of the user for adjustment as required.
- SAM integrates the monitoring system into the listening environment by automatically compensating for most detrimental room influences, particularly the challenging modern reality of compromised room acoustics.
- SAM will rapidly implement a neutral and consistent monitoring environment even in an unfamiliar or improvised working environment, saving you time and cost.
- GLM allows you to switch and compare calibration results with just one click.
- SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provides flexibility when defining a small sweet listening spot or a wider listening area.
- Calibration settings for different listening positions and different listening areas can be instantly recalled with each monitor Group.
- An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active group facilitates precision monitoring of sound pressure level.
- Designed for flexibility, SAM systems can be used in stand-alone mode without a computer; all parameters can be stored in each individual Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer if the GLM network is disconnected.
|Drivers:||2x 8.5x4" woofers, Coaxial 5" + 3/4" metal dome DCW tweeter|
|Frequency response:||32Hz - 35kHz (-6dB)|
|Inputs:||1x XLR (analog), 2x (1 in 1 out) AES/EBU (digital XLR), 2x RJ45 network|
|Amp power:||140w woofer + 120w mid, 90w tweeter per speaker|
|Dimensions:||452 x 287 x 278mm (HxWxD with IsoPod)|