When you purchase a Genelec monitor, Smart monitor or subwoofer from Krispy Audio, you're also purchasing our expertise in advising, installing and setup of your new speakers. This is especially critical with the SAM range of monitors that feature room correction. You can purchase the GLM hardware/software to auto calibrate them yourself, but there is still a fundamental set of guidelines for this setup to be optimised that we can show you. Alternatively we can bring our GLM calibration equipment to your place, saving you the time and hardware expense, then calibrate the speakers for your room.
The Genelec 8330A adds an in-built D/A converter to their Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™) system. A new and highly intuitive Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™ 2.0) control network and software allows adjustments of all aspects of monitor settings and full system control. Genelec AutoCal™ allows to automatically align every monitor for level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies. The 8330A features Genelec MDE™ and DCW™ technologies, a flow optimised reflex port and very neutral frequency response.
SAM draws on Genelec’s decades of experience and expertise to create an intelligent, flexible network of monitors and subwoofers that can adapt to your requirements. Use Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software to create configurations ranging from traditional stereo to immersive audio, or even experimental systems; rely on the proprietary power of AutoCalTM and the intelligence within every SAM system, to make the best of your system and environment.
Why guess when you can be sure
- Controlled via Genelec’s proprietary Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) network and software, AutoCal provides the industry’s first integrated process for complete automated measurement, analysis and adjustment of every monitor on the network, achieving accurate sound reproduction in just a few clicks.
- AutoCal automatically optimises and aligns each Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer for relative levels, time of flight, subwoofer crossover phase as well as individual room response compensations. Additionally, full manual editing of all acoustic settings remains in the hands of the user for adjustment as required.
- SAM integrates the monitoring system into the listening environment by automatically compensating for most detrimental room influences, particularly the challenging modern reality of compromised room acoustics.
- SAM will rapidly implement a neutral and consistent monitoring environment even in an unfamiliar or improvised working environment, saving you time and cost.
- GLM allows you to switch and compare calibration results with just one click.
- SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provides flexibility when defining a small sweet listening spot or a wider listening area.
- Calibration settings for different listening positions and different listening areas can be instantly recalled with each monitor Group.
- An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active group facilitates precision monitoring of sound pressure level.
- Designed for flexibility, SAM systems can be used in stand-alone mode without a computer; all parameters can be stored in each individual Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer if the GLM network is disconnected.
|Drivers:||5" woofer, 3/4" metal dome DCW tweeter|
|Frequency response:||45Hz - 23kHz (-6dB)|
|Inputs:||1x XLR (analog), 2x (1 in 1 out) AES/EBU (digital XLR), 2x RJ45 network|
|Amp power:||50w woofer + 50w tweeter per speaker|
|Dimensions:||299 x 189 x 178mm (HxWxD with IsoPod)|