Time to move our store demo unit - presents 100% as new with minimal use only.
Taking the design cues of the Prime Scout, the Scout 21 is an evolution of its predecessor with and improved 300 RPM motor housing, and improved isolation feet. Paired with a JMW 9 Tonearm!
For stability and damping, the Scout's chassis is made from 1 1/8" thick MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate. The new massive platter is machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminium with stainless steel damping mounted to an oil bath bearing by a number 2 Jacobs Taper for a very solid fit. The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft. The 600 RPM A/C synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation. The included platter mat is very good at damping record resonances.
The new JMW-9T tonearm is the perfect complement to the VPI Scout, offering all the advantages of a unipivot tonearm at a bargain price. The arm has an ultra low friction bearing mounted onto a solid stainless steel rod with a knurled ring to set VTA (Vertical Tracking Angle). As with the more expensive JMW-10.5i” and JMW-12.7” arms, the tonearm wand assembly of the JMW-9 can be removed and replaced in seconds. This allows instant cartridge changes with multiple arm wands. An RCA junction box allows any RCA-terminated interconnects to be used.
Now includes VPI HW-40 footers!
- 1/8" thick MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate
- Machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminium platter
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft
- 300 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation
- Includes a platter and record damping mat
- Cartridge not included (pictured)
- New 9” JMW tonearm
- No friction unipivot bearing mounted on a solid stainless steel shaft
- VTA adjustable arm mount
- Removable arm-wands allows you to change cartridges in less than 30 seconds
- Precision adjustable counter weight allows you to get the most out of every cartridge you mount using its azimuth and tracking force adjustments
- Adjustable Anti-skate option
- Prime Platter
- VTA on the Fly
- Periphery Ring (only compatible with Prime Platter)
- Stainless Steel Center Weight
- 3D Printed tonearm
- Analog Drive System (ADS)
|Type:||Belt drive, 33.3 plus 45rpm|
|Motor:||300rpm synchronous AC motor|
|Platter:||Solid acrylic platter with bronze bushing and PEEK thrust surface|
|Wow and Flutter:||<0.08%|
|Rumble:||< -78dB (IEC 98A Unweighted)|
|Dimensions:||102 x 483 x 330mm (HxWxD)|
|Krispy Audio is the exclusive official agent/importer/distributor for VPI Industries in Australia.|