- Patented QR/BB technology. Acts as a passive supercharger for high-current amplifiers and analog components - improves perceived timing, dimension and dynamics in sound
- Noise Reduction Circuit. Shunyata Research's next-generation noise-filtering for dramatic, measurable noise reduction. Omega QR performs as a single component power-conditioner.
- NEW VTX-Ag conductors. A centre core of the highest grade silver with a coaxial surround of pure OFE copper deliver life-like dynamics while maintaining rich tonal body and nuance.
- Omega QR contains both differential and common mode noise reduction. The drop in perceived noise levels will startle any experienced listener or viewer.
- True carbon fibre head shells for improved vibration management and lowered distortion.
- Shunyata Research's exclusive CopperCONN pure copper connectors form the perfect, low-resistance connection that unlocks the performance of any component, whether amplifier or source.
Shunyata Research has been instrumental in defining the measurements, science and value behind high-performance power cords. Omega QR represents the ultimate expression of the ideals that made Shunyata Research the industry leader in power cord performance and technology.
ADVANCED NOISE REDUCTION
Noise is an insidious problem that originates from many sources, including audio components themselves. Shunyata Research power cords employ proprietary internal noise reduction filters that intercept noise, preventing it from propagating to other components. NR filters are specifically engineered to be non-reactive and compatible with all power supply designs including high-power amplifiers. This multi-element, wide- bandwidth noise-reduction technology was developed by Shunyata Research’s medical division, Clear Image Scientific, to improve the performance of medical imaging systems in cardiology and neurosurgery.
Shunyata Research has developed its own line of CopperCONN connectors that feature solid copper contacts and true carbon-fiber head-shells (Alpha and Sigma models) that have anti-vibration qualities. These connectors are not just beautiful; they functionally reduce micro-distortions due to the carbon fiber’s unique energy absorbing vibration reduction qualities.
Dynamic Instantaneous Current Delivery is critical to performance for high performance entertainment systems. All elements in Reference NR Series power cords, including the wires, contacts, dielectrics and junctions, are tested and optimized using Shunyata Research’s proprietary DTCDTM Analyser. This optimisation ensures outstanding low-frequency performance as well as dynamic contrasts akin to a live musical event. More than any other design parameter, Shunyata Research’s ability to provide measurable dynamic instantaneous current is unparalleled.
Reference NR Series cables feature an advancement in conductor technology that combines the transient speed and definition of pure silver with the warmth, power, and body of pure copper. VTX-Ag has a core conductor of pure silver with an outer concentric conductor of high-purity OFE copper. VTX-Ag provides significant improvements in dynamics, timing precision, and low-level resolution while preserving the subtle tonal, textural, and timbral signatures that bring music to life.
KPIPTM ‘BLACKBIRD’ PROCESS
Reference NR Series power cords are treated with Shunyata Research's proprietary Kinetic Phase Inversion Process. Four days of continuous KPIPTM processing dramatically reduces burn-in time and significantly improves sonic performance, delivering a relaxed and life-like presentation.
- Conductors: 6awg VTX-Ag
- Connectors: CopperCONN
- Head-shell: Carbon fibre
- Noise Reduction: >12dB @1MHz
- 1.75m standard length