Designed to complement and integrate seamlessly with the other models in the 300 Series, the Acoustic Energy AE308 offers prodigious performance in both Hi-Fi and AV implementations; making use of a new 500 Watt (RMS) amplifier mated to a 12” high-excursion doped and stiffened pulp-fibre driver, the AE308 also features DSP modes to tailor performance perfectly to desired usage, a first for AE.
In Music mode the AE308 will perform in a balanced, accurate manner, extending low frequencies of the main speakers naturally and seamlessly down to 26Hz (+/-6dB). In Movie mode there will be additional “slam” on offer to aid explosive movie soundtracks in AV systems. Finally Impact mode trades outright extension for maximum volume and serious impact, more akin to a club set-up for when you really want to party hard!
The AE308 is available in attractive real wood American walnut veneer, piano gloss black or white lacquer to match the other 300 Series models and has sturdy carpet-piercing spikes which come with convenient rubber caps for use on hard flooring.
- Driver: 12" doped and stiffened paper cone
- Cabinet type: sealed and down-firing
- Frequency Response: 26 - 120Hz (+/- 6dB)
- Power: 500w (Class D amplifier)
- Crossover adjustment: 40 - 120Hz
- Inputs: Line level RCA, speaker level binding posts, LFE RCA
- Phase control: 0-180deg rotary control
- Dimensions: 360x360x360mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 16.5kg each
- Colours available: Gloss white, gloss black, satin walnut wood veneer