Re-introducing the audio world to the best-selling VPI table of all time - better than the old one, better than it should be at this price! The VPI Scout has become one of the world's best-reviewed turntable! The Scout is so simple to set-up, you can have the table up and running in just minutes. The sound is fast and detailed, deep and wide with a natural midrange worthy of the world's finest cartridges. And one of the easiest tables to upgrade!
The VPI Scout has all the features you want in a high-end turntable: an isolated motor, a precision machined platter, and the amazing JMW-9T tonearm. The sound is fast and detailed, closer than you might expect to the performance of VPI's reference HR-X at a fraction of its cost.
For stability and damping, the Scout's chassis is made from 1 1/8" thick MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate. The new massive platter is machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum with stainless steel damping mounted to an oil bath bearing by a number 2 Jacobs Taper for a very solid fit. The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft. The 600 RPM A/C synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation. The included platter mat is very good at damping record resonances.
The new JMW-9T tonearm is the perfect complement to the VPI Scout, offering all the advantages of a unipivot tonearm at a bargain price. The arm has an ultra low friction bearing mounted onto a solid stainless steel rod with a knurled ring to set VTA (Vertical Tracking Angle). As with the more expensive JMW-10.5i” and JMW-12.7” arms, the tonearm wand assembly of the JMW-9 can be removed and replaced in seconds. This allows instant cartridge changes with multiple arm wands. An RCA junction box allows any RCA-terminated interconnects to be used.
- 1/8" thick MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate
- Machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum platter
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft
- 300 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation
- Includes a platter and record damping mat
- Cartridge not included (pictured)
- New 9” JMW tonearm
- No friction unipivot bearing mounted on a solid stainless steel shaft
- VTA adjustable arm mount
- Removable arm-wands allows you to change cartridges in less than 30 seconds
- Precision adjustable counter weight allows you to get the most out of every cartridge you mount using its azimuth and tracking force adjustments
- Adjustable Anti-skate option
- Prime Platter
- VTA on the Fly
- Periphery Ring (only compatible with Prime Platter)
- Stainless Steel Center Weight
- 3D Printed tonearm
- Analog Drive System (ADS)
|Type:||Belt drive, 33.3 plus 45rpm|
|Motor:||300rpm synchronous AC motor|
||Solid acrylic platter with bronze bushing and PEEK thrust surface|
|Wow and Flutter:||<0.08%|
|Rumble:||< -78dB (IEC 98A Unweighted)|
|Dimensions:||102 x 483 x 330mm (HxWxD)|
|Krispy Audio is the exclusive official agent/importer/distributor for VPI Industries in Australia.|