This recently traded table has just undergone a complete refresh. The plinth has been polished, all lubrication points have been cleaned and re-greased, new felts on the periphery ring installed, it has an unused 12" 3D printed tonearm, and Avenger Reference feet complete the upgrade. An absolute steal at this price!
The Ultimate Expression of an Audiophile Turntable!
The HR-X from VPI Gets a Golden Ear Award from The Absolute Sound!
VPI pulled out all the stops to create their reference turntable, the VPI HR-X. With a sense of speed and dynamic shading that other turntables simply cannot achieve, the HRX is explosively dynamic, supremely musical, incredibly accurate and infinitely adjustable… everything to satisfy any analog lover.
The VPI HR-X's triple layered X-shaped plinth has a gorgeous, glossy black finish with aluminum accents, an air bearing suspension, an ingenious motor & flywheel combo and equipped with VPI's best tonearm, the JMW-12.7.
Every aspect of the VPI HR-X has been optimised for maximum performance. The acrylic platter is cut to tolerances within five thousandths of an inch and sits on an inverted bearing for lower noise and lower rotational inertia. The JMW 12.7 tonearm is mounted directly to the HR-X plinth for exceptional rigidity. The new HR-X drive system consists of two ultra-low powered motors on either side of a seven pound, center mounted flywheel which spins at 500 RPM. The included Outer Ring Clamp works like a vacuum to hold down the outside edge of the record. The SDS speed controller delivers absolute speed accuracy.
“Harry Weisfeld can’t stop upgrading this combination and each generation is just a bit better. Total reliability and consistency. Amazing detail without any loss of warmth and deep bass. Not a trace of wow and flutter or bearing noise. An arm that works superbly with any modern moving coil or moving magnet cartridge.”
- Anthony Cordesman, The Absolute Sound, Golden Ear Award.
'What you get with the VPI TNT HR-X, however, is as close to the sound of silence I have yet heard. This is not just a matter of the best signal-to-noise ratio I have ever heard from an analog front end. There is an amazing lack of low-level coloration to the sound'
- Anthony Cordesman, TAS (Product of the Year Award)
The VPI HR-X Features:
- The HR-X features a triple laminated chassis (Acrylic-Aluminium-Acrylic).
- A periphery ring clamp centered by the platter, not the record, providing vacuum-like hold down without the problems inherent in a vacuum system.
- Aluminium HR-X centre weight.
- The drive system uses two low-powered 24-pole motors driving a 12-pound flywheel.
- The flywheel spins at 300 RPM and has 62 times the inertia of a 25 pound platter.
- 20 pound, 2 inch thick aluminium Classic platter with inverted bearing
- Pivot to spindle: 300 mm
- Effective length: 313.0 mm
Effective mass: 10.5g.
- Overhang: 13mm
- Offset angle: 17.37 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.311%
- Internal wiring: premium Discovery wire, optional Nordost Reference wire.
- New design 3d printed one piece body for the ultimate in resonance control.
- Full length copper shielding tube internally
- Adjustable side weights for finer azimuth settings.
- Built in “Easy lift” finger lift.
- Offset stainless steel counterweight for stability
- Easy setting of VTA/SRA in thousandths of an inch, calibrated and repeatable
- Adjustable anti-skate
The 12.7" 3D tonearm is bolted to the aluminium portion of the chassis with a double base mounting, providing the ultimate in rigidity and adjustability. The SDS power supply rounds out the package and provides a pure AC signal to the drive system.
|Type:||Belt drive, 33.3 plus 45rpm|
|Motor:||Dual 500rpm synchronous|
|Wow and Flutter:||<0.02%|
|Rumble:||< -80dB (IEC 98A Unweighted)|
|Dimensions:||254 x 635 x 483mm (HxWxD)|
|Krispy Audio is the exclusive official agent/importer/distributor for VPI Industries in Australia.|