Copland CTA-408 KT150 Integrated Amplifier
There is nothing like an excellent tube amplifier. An amplifier that simultaneously offer a midrange that is open and clear, highs with an unconstrained mobility and acceleration, and a deep, tight and free flowing bass reproduction.
The Danish Copland CTA408 Integrated Amplifier is intended for those who prefer the ease of a single chassis amplification, still wanting the performance of separates. It offers such amenities as separate MC and MM phono inputs, Monitoring in/outputs, Headphone amplifier and a startup procedure that vastly prolongs the tube life.
Inside the CTA408.
- Driver stage tubes supported by MOSFET circuitry.
- Numerous individual power supplies, designed to operate with constant power, thereby isolating power stage fluctuations from entering the input stages and eliminating reverse modulation towards the AC supply grid.
- Dedicated Class A headphone amplifier, (speaker output mutes on headphone insertion)
- Excellent J-FET- Phono-amplifier. Active RIAA equalisation employing more than one hundred discrete components inside a noise-shielding box of its own.
- The output transformers are Copland in-house design, fine-tuned for optimal power bandwidth. The massive core size of the transformers prevents core saturation, and they are able to transfer full power well below 20Hz to the loudspeakers with a minimum of phase shift. Multiple layers of interleaving wires ensures a superb linearity. The extended high frequency performance reduces the requirements for internal lag compensation after the amplifiers 15dB negative feedback loop is closed.
- The amplifier power plant is based on the KT150 power valves. These valves are a new variant of the legendary 6550/KT88 and in the CTA408, they surely demonstrate that the everlasting sound qualities of tubes can be extended into regions nowadays dominated by solid stage designs.
- Output power: 75W into 3 or 8 ohms
- Nominal speaker impedance: 4 & 8 ohms
- 4x unbalanced (XLR)
- 1x Tape-in
- 1x Tape out
- Line input impedance: 50 K ohms
- Phono input impedance: 47 K ohms (MM), 50/100/470ohm (MC)
- Line Inputs sensitivity: 250 mV
- Phono sensitivity: 3 mV (MM) / 0.26 mV (MC)
- Frequency response: 5 Hz – 100 kHz -3dB
- T.H.D: Better than 0.09 %
- Signal / noise IHF-A: Better than 90dB
- Phase: Inverting
- Global Feedback: 15dB
- Headphone amp.Gain: 17.5 dB
- Headphone amp. Out imp: 9 ohms
- Freq. resp. 10 Hz – 200 kHz / -3dB
- Vacuum tubes: 4x KT150, 2x 12BH7, 2x 6072A/12AY7
- Power consumption: Max.400 W
- Dimensions: 435mm (w) x 220mm (H) x 460mm (D)
- Shipping weight: 26 Kg.