The new GT40 Alpha from ADL features upgraded DACs and ADCs that are 24/192kHz capable, so you will be able to digitise your vinyl at 192kHz sampling frequency.
ADL GT40 Alpha USB DAC with MM/MC Phono Stage and Headphone Amplifier
The GT40α is built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24bits/192kHz USB DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40α will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40α features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 24bits/192kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40α includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp. Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40α features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The ADL GT40α (wired with ADL’s Formula 2 cable of course!) brings Furutech’s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24bits/192kHz files, but even 16-bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
- High performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC and ADC IC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 24bit/96kHz surpassing conventional 16bit/44.1kHz standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 96kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won’t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40 with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The GT40 sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals.
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40 features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40 features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40 is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob
Please note: The GT40 requires recording software to be installed to record/rip LPs to Hard drive. This software is not supplied with the GT40. There are a variety of free or pay recording software available, so very difficult to make recommendations, but Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is a free-to-download software that is relatively simple to use and very functional.
- USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
- Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
- USB Playback Resolution : 24bits/192kHz (Max)
- USB Recording Resolution: 24bits/192kHz (Max) supports 44.1 /48 /88.2 /96 /176.4 /192 (kHz)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (+/-0.5 dB)
- SN ratio: >90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
- Line Output Level: 5 Vrms
- Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 4.0mV / Line 2Vrms
- Headphone Output Level: 1% THD 1kHz (Max.)
94mW(16 ohm),110mW(32 ohm), 98.6mW (56 ohm), 23mW (300 ohm)
- Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: Erp step2 compliant, 2Wire AC Input Type, Class II, AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 0.8A / 12W
- Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
- Weight: 650g Approx.
- GT40a Windows driver supports Win XP, Win 7 and Win 8 (not Win Vista)
The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 47K ohm input impedance for both MC and MM.
- Maximum Input Level for MM: 5.0mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for LINE: 1Vrms at 1K Hz
The Gain setting for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 62.5dB for MC and fixed at 48.5dB for MM.
- (MC input to LINE output) => 62.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
- (MM input to LINE output) => 48.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
GT40 has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones.
We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.