VPI have just announced the brand new VPI Prime turntable. Priced between the Classic 1 and 3, the Prime offers you an evolved Scout-type plinth, Classic 12" platter (which can accommodate the VPI periphery ring), newly designed feet, the award-winning 3D printed tonearm with an on-the-fly VTA adjuster. This table takes the great features of all the other tables and bundles them into one.
"It's not even funny how f***ing incredible this 3D arm is." - Joey Weiss, Harry Pearon's Apprentice
The shape of the Prime is meant to have a curvier and sexy look compared to the "classic" look of our tables over the past 10 years. At same time having the footprint to accommodate the space needed for a 10 inch 3D arm. We were able to get the price lowerfor the 3D arm because of our improved technology and increased volume in printing and supply.
The VPI Prime includes:
- 10 inch 3D arm
- VTA Tower for VTA/SRA on the fly
- Classic 20 pound platter and bearing
- Outboard 300 RPM motor housing
- New "Prime" feet which offer improved isolation and better mechanical grounding
- Stainless Steel/Delrin record clam
- The Prime is also being offered as a package with the SDS, Synchronous Drive System.
- Chassis made of black textured vinyl over MDF with an 11 gauge steel plate bonded to the underside for the ultimate in resonance control and feedback rejection
- Four solid Delrin corner assemblies designed for isolation and mechanical grounding!! A first.
- A 300 rpm 24 pole AC synchronous motor capable of high torque and quiet operation installed in a separate aluminum and steel machined assembly.
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects.
- 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.03%
- Rumble: >85db down
- Pivot to spindle: 258mm
- Effective length: 273.4mm
- Overhang: 15.4mm
- Offset angle: 19.98 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: 0.311%
- Internal wiring: premium Discovery wire
- New design 3d printed one piece body for the ultimate in resonance control.
- Full length copper shielding tube internally
- Adjustable side weights for finer azimuth settings.
- Built in “Easy lift” finger lift.
- Offset stainless steel counterweight for stability
- Easy setting of VTA/SRA in thousandths of an inch, calibrated and repeatable
- Adjustable anti-skate.
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction
- HR-X Center Weight, perfectly complements the periphery clamp
- Analog Drive System (ADS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustment