VPI FOUNDER HARRY WEISFELD SEEKS COST-NO-OBJECT PERFORMANCE FOR HIS OWN LISTENING.
"I use the KISEKI Purple Heart N.S. in my own personal system on my Avenger Reference and have no urge to change cartridges. It sweeps you out of your seat and into the concert hall with power, grace, and air. I cannot recommend a cartridge higher than to say I use it when I just want to enjoy music."
A legendary cartridge with a pedigree that spans three continents returns to the marketplace and to audiophiles everywhere, thanks to some fantastic entrepreneurs who believe in the LP! With the brilliant engineering efforts of Herman van den Dungen of PrimaLuna fame in the Netherlands, and the superb marketing and financial efforts of Kevin Deal of Upscale Audio in Upland, California, the Kiseki N.S. (which stands for “New Style”) has been renewed, improved, upgraded, and perfected.
The Kiseki PurpleHeart N.S. is a true beauty in every sense. Physically, it is made of rare Purpleheart wood, which turns from brown to a golden purple in direct or indirect sunlight.
- Body: PurpleHeart Wood, 30 mm long
- Cantilever: Solid Boron Rod: 0.3 mm diameter
- Stylus: 0.12 x 0.12 Nude line-contact diamond, mirror polished
- Stylus tip radius: 4 x 120 μm
- Vertical Tracking Angle (VTA): 20 degrees
- Coilbody: pure iron
- Weight: 7 grams
- Output voltage: 0.48mV at 5cm/s
- Internal impedance: 42 ohms
- Frequency response: 20 – 30,000Hz ± 1dB
- Channel balance: 0.2dB
- Channel Separation: 35dB at 1kHz
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at a tracking force of 2.6 grams: 80 μm
- Dynamic Compliance: 16 μm/mN
- Recommended loading: 400 ohms (Bob Levi: I disagree! 800-1000ohms)
- Recommend tracking force: 2.0 – 2.6 grams (Bob Levi: I disagree! 2.1-2.4)
- Optimum tracking force: 2.46 grams (Bob Levi: I disagree! 2.3 grams is perfect)
- Recommended tone arm mass: Medium
- Optimum working temperature: 20 °C
- Break-in period: 50 – 100 hours
- 2 year warranty